Date: July 5 – 8, 2021
The Association of African Universities (AAU) presents its warm compliments to you and we are pleased to announce that we will hold our 15th General Conference from 5 – 8 July 2021. The General Conference, an assembly of representatives of all member institutions with key higher education stakeholders including policy makers, academics, researchers, donor representatives and others in attendance, meets once every four years for the purpose of:
- Assessing the activities implemented in the past four years against the background of its Work Programme and Budget approved at the previous Conference;
- Approving the plan of activities and budget estimates for the following four-year period; and
- Electing a new Governing Board of the Association from among the Vice Chancellors, Presidents and Rectors of the member universities.
In addition to Keynote Presentations on the theme of the Conference (The Future of African Higher Education), there will be papers and presentations dealing with the following six (6) sub-themes:
- Sub-Theme 1: The Future of African Higher Education Post-COVID-19
- Sub-Theme 2: Contributions of African Higher Education Institutions to Addressing the Challenges linked to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Sub-Theme 3: Contributions of African Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Sub-Theme 4: Funding of African Higher Education Institutions in the face of unpredictable Economy
- Sub-Theme 5: Mainstreaming e-learning and the digital divide
- Sub-Theme 6: Contributions of the Diaspora to African Higher Education
Fees and Registration
This conference is free to attend.
All registered participants will be provided with the link to daily meetings, conference presentations and have access to other useful information.
The link to the online Registration Form is available here- https://tinyurl.com/AAUGC2021
We look forward to e-meeting you.